Sunday, July 23, 2023

To whom it may not concern

Look at this. This... this writer's block. This stupid idea that a blank page could ever be so scary.

Let me tell you what is really scary. Ca... yeah. Censorship. That is scary. Not as scary as the other thing, but my personal life is too personal for this public place, so we'll censor it. Just a bit.

Speaking of censorship, I've noticed something today. In fact, it's been staring me right in the face, but it's finally hit me. Like a wet trout that I've been slapped with over the face. Hmm.

I was posting something or other on a site or other. It's really irrelevant what or where. But on the site there my account is probably throwaway. So I just posted a couple of ramblings. Raw, biting and refreshingly inspired. Do you know why? Because I seriously didn't care who would read them and what they would think.

Gosh.

Isn't that a weird feeling? To create for myself, rather than for my audience?

Actually, not so much. I've been doing that on my Youtube channel, where I've been making videos as a hobby, just for myself. There are occasional people who watch my stuff. Some even like it. I do have to say it is amusing. Especially when I can see my stats and that nobody has ever watched more than 2 minutes of a nearly 2 hour long video. But they sure enjoyed those 2 minutes, man.

And years ago, this was my method of writing well... nearly anything. Even if some assignment or challenge came up, I would always complete it in my own way. And it would be a pretty cool result at times. In my opinion. And that's good enough for me.

Anyway. I'm divagating, but I won't be editing this beyond spell checking. And looking up divagating, to make sure it's semantically appropriate. I need an automatic spell checker.

See? This the epitomy of not giving too many rats' asses. Of writing for myself. Sorry, my dear audience of nearly 2 people.

PS Isn't this the stream of madness I thought I'd lost? So silly of me.

4 comments:

  1. Well, some of us like to see what others are writing or making for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's your 2nd unfailing reader 🤣 Firstly, I thought 'divagating' was your own creation to show what a 'diva' you are 🤣🤣🤣 Secondly, I always enjoy watching or reading what some of my favourites especially are engaged in. So carry on, please.
    Oh, I wouldn't watch a video that long either 🌿🌺🌿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually, I double checked divagating in the dictionary.
      I'm glad to have such faithful readers!

      Delete

Send me a message in a bottle